Seiji Honda was appointed Chief Operating Officer, Jatco Ltd in February 2014.
He was born on May 22, 1956 and educated in Chemical Engineering at Kobe University.
He joined NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD. in April 1980 and has held a variety of positions:
- Jun. 2014 Representative Board Member, Chief Operating Officer (to present)
- Feb. 2014 Acting President, Chief Operating Officer
- Jun. 2011 Board Member, Executive Vice President, JATCO Ltd
- Apr. 2011 Executive Vice President, JATCO Ltd
- Feb. 2008 Vice President, Plant Manager of Oppama Plant, NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD...
- Apr. 2007 General Manager, Body Assembly Engineering Department, NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
- Apr. 2006 General Manager, Engineering and Production Control Department NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
- Apr. 2004 General Manager, Manufacturing Department No.1, Tochigi Plant, NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
- Apr. 2003 Deputy General Manager, Engineering and Production Control Department, Tochigi Plant, NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
- Apr. 2002 Senior Manager, Body Assembly Engineering Department, NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
- Apr.1996 Senior Manager, Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd.
- Apr. 1980 NISSAN MOTOR CO., LTD.
Spotlight on JATCO Ltd
As demand in automobiles is shifting from developed to emerging markets, JATCO must proactively globalize its operations in order to ensure that automobiles continue to contribute to society. We stand committed to providing superior transmission units in a timely manner from locations close to automobile manufacturers around the world, where we can also closely monitor feedback from local customers. To respond to the increasingly global nature of the market, JATCO continues to expand its R&D facilities outside of Japan, in the U.S., France and South Korea, and production bases in Mexico, China (Guangzhou) and Thailand.
We offer an extensive lineup that includes step automatic transmissions (Step AT), environmentally friendly continuously variable transmissions (CVT), and transmissions for hybrid vehicles. The only CVT manufacturer in the world to feature a lineup that spans from mini vehicles through to large (3.5-liter class) vehicles, our cumulative CVT production has surpassed 20 million units. In 2013 our global share of CVT production stood at 49%, making us the No. 1 CVT manufacturer in the world.
JATCO is committed to its R&D approach focusing on total energy management, which maximizes the efficiency of energy usage for environmental protection, reduces CO2 emissions, improves fuel economy, and offers safe and comfortable driving.
Improving the environmental performance of CVTs is a way to control the global environmental changes caused by CO2 emissions, as well as reducing automobiles' carbon footprint.
In this way JATCO will continue to contribute to the realization of a society where automobiles and the environment coexist in harmony.