Formula SAE / Formula Student is a series of competitions organised by numerous FISITA Member Societies around the world, where teams of university students compete to design, develop, build and race a prototype single-seat formula-style car.
The cars must have high performance in terms of acceleration, braking and handling characteristics and are then judged in static and dynamic events on a number of criteria including cost, presentation, design, engineering excellence, acceleration, and endurance and fuel economy.
The competitions are among the most successful anywhere in the education world, giving teams exposure to marketing, time management, team building, budgeting and presentation skills as well as applied engineering techniques. This is also your unique opportunity to see what other universities in your region are working on and discuss the automotive engineering trends with your fellow students.
Based on Formula SAE, which was first developed by SAE Int. in 1981, thousands of students now take part in competitions organised in America, Europe and the Asia Pacific area. Many participants have gone on to pursue successful careers in the automotive and motorsports industries.
If you have been involved in Formula Student events or you are gearing up for FS 2017 please get in touch, we could feature you on the website and our global newsletter!
Current Formula SAE / Formula Student events
- Formula SAE Australasia (organised by SAE-A)
- Formula Student Austria (organised by ÖVK)
- Formula SAE Brazil (organised by SAE Brazil)
- Formula SAE of China (organised by SAE China)
- Formula Student Germany (organised by VDI-FVT)
- Formula Student Hungary (organised by the Association for Hungarian Automobile Technical Higher Education)
- Formula Student India (organised by SAEINDIA)
- Formula SAE Italy (organised by ATA)
- Formula SAE Japan (organised by JSAE)
- Formula Student Spain (organised by STA
- Formula Student, United Kingdom (organised by IMechE)
- Formula SAE, United States (organised by SAE Int.)
- Formula Student Czech Republic (organised by CAS)
- Formula Student Russian Federation
- Formula Hybrid (organised by SAE Int.)
- SAEINDIA-BAJA (Organised by SAEINDIA)
- SUPRA SAEINDIA (Organised by SAEINDIA)