RENK TEST SYSTEM.
Your reliable partner for test rig solutions.
RENK Test System GmbH (RTS) is one of the world's leading providers of customized test systems used in development, production, and quality assurance. Based on its many years of experience, RTS develops innovative test rigs for nearly every area of application in drive technology.
Due to the steadily increasing demands that are being placed on driving comfort, safety, and speed in the field of railway technology, the requirements placed on the development of future transport solutions are becoming more complex all the time. Railway transport is playing an increasingly important role based on the growing demand for environmentally friendly modes of transport. This calls for the use of cutting-edge test system technology and reliable partners.
Our expertise extends from targeted consultation, concept creation and validation, development, and production up to the commissioning of the systems at the customer's location, with subsequent training of the operating personnel. The entire product range is completed by needs-oriented service, and regular maintenance.
See FISITA Library items from RENK Test System
RENK Test System GmbH: Mr Johannes Leopold, Mr Matthias Huttner, Mr. Jens Härlen, Mr. Michael Steglich
Testing requirements and friction couples
Mr. Armin Diller, RENK Test System, GERMANY
Mr. Jürgen Gaßner, RENK Test System, GERMANY
Test bench brake calliper with maximum power range
RENK Test System is one of the world´s leading providers of customized test systems used in development, production and quality assurance. Based on its many years of experience, RTS develops innovative test rigs for nearly every area of application in drive technology. A very interesting area are brake dynamometers for the development of rail friction brake systems.
When designing a brake test stand, it is advantageous if it is suitable for testing various brake systems from a wide variety of vehicle classes. For this reason, RENK has developed a special brake calliper for testing disc brake pads, which is superior to standard brake callipers in many areas:
- The interface of this test bench brake calliper allows the assembly of all relevant brake pads for railway disc brakes.
- The performance range of the test bench brake calliper covers the maximum requirements of all possible brake pads (highest vehicle mass - highest vehicle speed) and allows targeted overloads for special tests.
- Depending on the test requirements, this test bench brake calliper works with pneumatic brake force support.
- The direct force measurement necessary for the certification of the brake system test rig according to UIC 548, which has to be retrofitted at great expense for standard brake callipers for the test rig application, is already available and can even be supplemented by further sensors.
- Despite this versatility, the test bench brake calliper that has been developed is more wear-resistant than standard brake callipers.
A first brake calliper was successfully tested at RENK over a period of approx. 2 months this year and is to be handed over to a customer in 2021.
A second brake calliper will be subjected to further tests in the spring of 2021 in Augsburg.
The proposed lecture is intended to provide an overview of the development activities that have been carried out and are still planned:
- Why did RENK decide to develop a special brake calliper for test bench operation? What are the weak points when using a standard brake calliper?
- What development goals have been set for this test bench brake calliper? Which performance range should this development cover?
- What experiences have been gained so far from the practical use of the test bench brake calliper? Which optimization measures have already been carried out? How does it behave in contrast to standard brake callipers?
- What remaining work still needs to be done in the development of this special brake calliper?
Error message goes here.