See FISITA Library items from Tony Van Litsenborgh
Poster + Pitch
Mr. Tony Van Litsenborgh, Advanced Braking Technology Ltd, AUSTRALIA
Mr. David Newcomb, Advanced Braking Technology Ltd, AUSTRALIA
Terra Dura™ – 100% Sealed Dry Disc Brakes; helping to create a sustainable braking future
Advanced Braking Technology has developed an innovative 100% Sealed Dry Disc brake. Its current application is for use on off-highway vehicles where the extreme operating conditions have a detrimental impact on braking performance. Advanced Braking Technology believes that this technology can be applied to both on-highway and off-highway applications.
Advanced Braking Technology’s Terra Dura™ braking system has been designed to protect brakes by solving the following problems encountered in mainly off-highway applications:
1. The enclosed and fully sealed brake ensures that the working parts of the braking mechanism are protected from any external contaminants, preventing premature brake failure when applying the service brakes.
2. This sealed brake solution prevents the buildup of debris around the brakes, which reduces the risk of a vehicle roll-away onsite when applying the park brake.
3. Due to the internal components being protected by the sealed enclosure the service life of the brakes is greatly increased, improving the productivity of the vehicles as well as reducing both downtime and running costs.
4. The Terra Dura™ brake provides a more cost effective and lightweight alternative to conventional sealed wet brake systems.
5. The Terra Dura™ brake uses multiple sealing solutions to prevent external debris from entering and contaminating the internal parts of the braking system. Likewise, the internal braking components and the friction braking material produced when braking, is isolated from the exterior space, preventing brake dust emissions being released to atmosphere, effectively capturing 100% of all brake dust particulates inside the sealed cover.
The Terra Dura™ is currently patent pending in multiple countries and is being used on multiple mine sites across Australia and New Zealand.
Terra Dura™ solves a number of problems encountered by traditional braking systems, in particular those that relate to:
- Safety of people and equipment in extreme operating conditions;
- Sustainability and the impact on the environment; and
- Cost of downtime and maintenance costs.
Currently Advanced Braking Technology is developing this concept further to provide solutions for broader on-highway and off-highway applications, and there will be more details made public with regards to this over the coming months.
The Terra Dura™ brake concept covers a number of topics that are to be discussed at EuroBrake 2020. Of particular relevance are the following topics of interest:
- Braking for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles;
- Safety relevant braking functions;
- Sustainability in Brake Systems;
- Brake Emission findings and available countermeasures;
- Wear and Emissions;
- Governmental Regulation and Homologation of Brake Systems; and
- Disc, Drum, Wheel Materials, Coatings and Design.
Advanced Braking Technology looks forward to having the opportunity to present its innovative Terra Dura™ braking solution to EuroBrake 2020, and to outline how we believe that Terra Dura™ can assist in helping to create a sustainable braking future.
Error message goes here.
Person profile goes here.
Mr. Tony Van Litsenborgh
FISITA Committees & Groups
News on FISITA Spotlight
16 July 2021
Stay up to date with FISITA Spotlight
Excerpt from the blog goes here - this will give the reader a brief snapshot of what the post is about...
16 July 2021