Nissan continues its quest to optimize product development and deliver highly innovative technology. Today, in various countries and regions around the world, we enjoy a stellar reputation for creating truly innovative vehicles and service programs.
Nissan M.O.V.E to 2022 midterm plan targets technology evolution with electric vehicle leadership, autonomous driving expansion and the delivery of mobility services.
Among the targets, Nissan is aiming to sell 1 million electrified vehicles – either pure electric models or those with e-POWER powertrains – annually by fiscal year 2022.
As part of its strategy for autonomous driving systems, plans to deploy ProPILOT technology in 20 models in 20 markets by 2022. The company expects to sell 1 million ProPILOT-equipped vehicles a year by 2022.
An objective to offer connectivity for 100% of new Nissan, INFINITI and Datsun cars sold in key markets, enabled by the launch of the Alliance Connected Cloud.
Outline of Company
- Date of Establishment: December 26, 1933
- Location of Organization’s Headquarters: 1-1, Takashima 1-chome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-8686, Japan
- Group Structure and Business Outline: The Nissan Group consists of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., subsidiaries, affiliates and other associated companies. Its main business includes sales and production of vehicles, and related parts. The Nissan Group also provides various services accompanying its main business, such as logistics and sales finance.
- Brands: Nissan, Infiniti, Datsun
- Global Network: Consolidated Number of Employees (as of March 31, 2017): 137,250
- R&D: 16 countries/areas (Japan, U.S., Mexico, U.K., Spain, Belgium, Germany, Russia, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa, Brazil, India, Vietnam; total of 45 sites) (as of March 2017)
- Design: 5 countries (Japan, U.S., U.K., China, Brazil; total of 7 sites)
- Automobile Production: 41 bases in 20 countries/areas: (Total includes Nissan's consolidated vehicle assembly plants and nonconsolidated assembly plants. Plants for OEM production are included, except for those providing OEM vehicles to Nissan in Japan [Fuso, Suzuki, Mitsubishi Motors, etc.].)