16 June 2020
FISITA is proud to be able to deliver many of our events online this year, in light of huge changes due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. As part of our commitment to the next generation of mobility engineering and lifelong career learning for all engineers, we are continuing to bring students together (virtually!) with academics and industry professionals.
Our Student Opportunities Programmes will continue virtually and this gives us flexibility in arranging meetings with students, industry and academics around the world. We have programmes running alongside FISITA Plus and EuroBrake:
- 2 July pre-event discussion with FISITA CEO
- 28 July post-event discussion/Q&A with FISITA CEO and speakers/curators
- Students selected from online applications and have been invited to join all sessions
- FISITA CEO along with speakers/curators will support the students to increase their knowledge and understanding about FISITA PLUS topics
- To be hosted on 21 & 22 July
- Top 50 students selected from over 100 applications
- Students invited to Introductory Lecture with Q&A session
- Students join online Surgery Sessions with Martin Haigh from Lattitude7
- Students join online Round Table sessions with international industry and academic experts in braking
- Students take part in CV sessions and get 1-2-1 support from ESOP sponsor Altair
We look forward to the students’ feedback being shared after the events on FIEC – the FISITA International Engineering Community
Alongside this, we are planning to start a series of short videos with engineering leaders from our members. They will be talking about what attracted them to engineering and what advice they have for people considering just starting an engineering career. If there are senior engineers in your organisation who would be good role models and open to do this or career development people who would be interested in supporting these programmes, we’d be very happy to work with them.
For more information or to discuss these programs further, please contact Hayley Millar, FISITA Education Manager.