ETAS excels in providing innovative solutions that drive the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and related sectors. As a systems provider, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of integrated tools and tool solutions as well as engineering services, consulting, training, and support.
Our customers need fast local support – and that’s why we strive to be close to our customers wherever they are. ETAS now has nearly 1,500 associates working in 12 countries in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. In addition to our corporate headquarters in Germany, we have offices in Brazil, Canada, China, France, Great Britain, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Sweden, and the USA. We are constantly working to expand our international network.
Our customers represent a cross-section of the global automotive industry and related sectors. They include automakers, automotive component suppliers, ECU suppliers, and engineering service providers.
Market challenges – ETAS solutions
The automotive industry is undergoing fundamental change. New, energy-efficient vehicle powertrains, (partially) autonomous driving, digitalization, connectivity, and cybersecurity – the list of innovations has never been so long. At the same time, new systems must be brought to market faster. Key technologies are electronics and software, which is exactly where ETAS’ strengths lie. With our expert knowledge and the right tools, we enable the development of security-relevant software.
Our solutions are used at all stages of embedded software development. ETAS tools are open, scalable, flexible, and based on standards. They can be easily integrated into existing tool and process environments. We leverage innovative and safe solutions for embedded systems to make vehicles more environmentally friendly, fuel-efficient, and more economical.
The increasing connectivity of vehicle electronics requires protection against unauthorized access. The ETAS subsidiary ESCRYPT consequently offers holistic solutions for embedded security, operational technology security, and enterprise IT security.
Our range of products is complemented by professional engineering and consulting services. Our engineering services help customers adapt ETAS solutions to their individual development requirements and existing infrastructures. Based on our engineers’ wide-ranging expertise and extensive knowledge of processes and tools, we can offer our customers tailor-made advice to ensure that development processes are optimally configured for embedded systems. Our service portfolio is rounded out by premium-class customer service and training programs to ensure optimal use of our tools in the field. We also look to build strong partnerships with companies from the automotive industry in order to create added value for our customers, support additional use cases based on open interfaces, and enter new markets for further growth.
Friedhelm Pickhard – President and Chairman of the ETAS Board of Management
Since September 1, 2010, Friedhelm Pickhard has been President and Chairman of the ETAS Board of Management.
His responsibilities include:
- Corporate Strategy
- Research and Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Subsidiary ESCRYPT
- Friedhelm Pickhard earned his degree as Graduate Engineer in Electrical Engineering at Ruhr University Bochum and University of Paderborn, Germany.
Career stages in the Bosch Group:
- 1989 – Section Manager, System Engineering Department, Teldix GmbH (Bosch Telecom), Heidelberg, Germany
- 1993 – Project Leader, Division Car Multimedia, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim, Germany
- 1995 – Director of Research and Development, Robert Bosch (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., Penang, Malaysia
- 2001 – Head of Engineering Navigation Technology, Driver Information Systems Business Unit, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim, Germany
- 2002 – Head of Engineering System Technology, Driver Information Systems Business Unit, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim, Germany
- 2003 – Vice President Engineering and Manufacturing, Driver Information Systems Business Unit, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim, Germany
- 2004 – Senior Vice President, Driver Information Systems Business Unit, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hildesheim, Germany
- 2006 – Managing Director of Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions, Bangalore, India
- 2010 – President and Chairman of the ETAS Board of Management, Stuttgart, Germany