Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company’s products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people committed to powering a more prosperous world through three global corporate responsibility priorities critical to healthy communities: education, environment and equality of opportunity. Cummins serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations, and over 7,600 dealer locations. In 2018, the company earned about $2.1 billion on sales of $23.8 billion.
See how Cummins is powering a world that’s Always On by accessing news releases and more information at https://www.cummins.com/always-on. Follow Cummins on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cummins and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/cumminsinc.
Vice President – Engineering
Peng Lixin is the Vice President – Engineering, China ABO and Corporate Officer, responsible for:
- Full accountability for strategic planning and development of Fit- For- Market (FFM) products
- Engineering support for our customers and JV partners
- Functional excellence for Product Certification and Compliance (PC&C), Customer Engineering, Engineering quality and Value Package Introduction (VPI)
- Strategic alignment of the engineering function within and between EBU, PGBU, DBU and Components BUs in China and globally
- Be accountable for the success of East Asia R&D Center
Lixin joined Cummins in July 2007 and worked at the Cummins Technical Center in Columbus for one year, as the assistant Program Leader of Falcon program at HD Engineering. Lixin joined Cummins China in June 2008.
He has won several Cummins Six Sigma Chairman’s Quality Awards: as a team member in 2009, as a belt in 2010 and as a sponsor in 2011 and 2012.
Prior to joining Cummins, Lixin’s working experiences include:
- Shanghai Diesel Co (2004 - 2007) as VP and CTO, Shanghai, China
- APT (2003 – 2004) as the VP and engineering leader, Santa Barbra, CA, US
- FEV (1994 – 2003) as the leader of Design and then leader of CAE, Detroit, US
Lixin earn PhD degree from McMaster University (Canada) in mechanical engineering (1994), Master degree from Hunan University (China) in mechanical engineering (1987) and Bachelor degree from Hunan University in mechanical engineering (1981). He holds 9 US patents and published many technical papers in the area of internal combustion engines.
Lixin has established broad network in China auto industry and the related government agencies.