Travel Bursary Programme
In today's global automotive industry, experience of working as an engineer in another country is extremely valuable. When it comes to applying the scientific knowledge learned in the lecture theatre, there is no substitute for experience: real vehicles, real people and real problems to solve.
FISITA offers student engineers the opportunity to apply for a travel bursary, of up to EUR 2000, to help with the costs of taking part in organised work placements (internships, exchange programmes etc.) in automotive companies and research institutions overseas.
Applications to the Travel Bursary Programme will be considered twice a year, with deadlines as follows:
- 31 March: for those attending placements April - October
- 31 October: for those applicants attending placements November - April.
How to apply
To be eligible to apply for an awards of up to EUR 2,000,you must:
- be studying engineering at undergraduate or postgraduate level at a recognised college or university
- have arranged an industry or research placement in an automotive company or organisation overseas
- be a member of a FISITA member society
We've moved all our content over to our new Your Future In Automotive website, access all application forms and information here: